April 11, 2008

Settling in

Tashi, as you know, Max is settling in and "marking" Dad's bags. LOL
Since you never did that sort of thing (you are a lady in the true sense of the word) I was starting to be concerned. But when I went to the shelter today to pay for Max and set up his appointment to be "fixed" (don't want him to contribute to the overpopulation of furbabies in this town if he ever gets out), I asked Melinda about it.

I told her it was your Dad's bags he tends to leave around the house (you know how he is LOL) and she said it was that territorial thing going on. Max is smelling all the odors Dad brings in with him so Max is putting his mark on anything that may go back out with Dad so that everyone will know Max has prior claim. Guess that saves him and he won't have to "pack his bags and get out" as I like to tell him. LOL

The biting has stopped ... yes, I did yell at him over it and I am not sorry as the bite hurts. Dad still says it's a sign of love and he doesn't "know his own strength" type of thing.

And I also cut his nails. He was quite good during that ... not as squirmy as you were, my love.

I know Dad said "no more pets" but you also know there are many furbabies out there who need a forever home and Max has wormed his way into Dad's heart. But you also know that no one will ever replace you!!! I sit here at the computer and look at your picture. You are still our Tashi! We will never forget you.

Oh, could you be a sweetie and get on Shasta's case about easing her mommy's pain? I'm quite worried about her.

Let me let you go, sweetie. I will talk to you soon.

Love,
Mommy

No comments: