March 26, 2008

I am as sure as I can possibly be that ...

I saw Tasha this morning on my way to work.

Let me back up a bit and tell a story that I have never told anyone before. Shortly after my husband of 27 years passed on, I went over to my mother-in-law's house for something ... can't remember why but I was alone. Where she lived visitors parked across the street in a lot. As I got out of the car, I looked over to her apartment building and there, on the bench they had in the grass, sat a gentleman. He had on the exact same baseball hat, royal blue sweatshirt, light blue jeans, and white sneakers that my husband used to wear all the time and was sitting the way my husband would have sat.

I, being a rational, logical human being, could not grasp the concept that it might be him paying a "visit" to me. As I started to come across the street I was still being logical and walked by him all the while telling myself that it was just "some man who happened to have on similar clothes as my husband". When I left to go home, he was gone. I told no one of this.

As time went on and I heard stories of others receiving "visits" and signs from loved ones, I came to believe that what I saw (and tried so hard to talk myself out of) was indeed my husband.

So back to today. In all the time I have worked at my job, whether I am getting a ride in the early morning or taking the bus later in the day to go to work, I have never seen any cats in the neighborhood except for the couple who always visit my yard.

I caught my ride at 6:30 am this morning and we went the same we we always do. As we were driving down the street approaching a stop light, I noticed a cat sitting in the street near the sidewalk. There was no traffic this morning, there never are any people uptown walking around at that time as nothing's open. So as we pull up to the corner to wait for the light to change I'm looking at this cat. It's just sitting there looking at me. Black and white just like my Tasha. Could have been her double. It wasn't a ghost as my friend commented on the cat. She had never seen Tasha so she wouldn't make a connection but I just looked at the cat and had to wonder.

Makes sense to me that if a loved one was going to visit from the other side, they would be in the same clothes that you knew them best in and if one of our furbabies were going to visit, it would be the same kind of furbaby that we had here in this life.

I called my husband at lunch and told him I had seen her. I had never even told him about my "visit" from my first husband so many years ago. I did today.

So I'm putting this down in Tasha's blog to remember.

I will believe that this was a visit from my beloved furbaby!!! And I am so grateful to God, my first husband, all the other furbabies at Rainbow Bridge, and "anyone" else who had a hand in making this possible.

1 comment:

Sharbysyd said...

Wow, Maryalice, it was wonderful to read this entry. I found it very uplifting. Thanks for sharing. Sharon (Kirby's Mom) Sharbysyd from Petloss.