March 24, 2008

March 24th - Memories of Tasha

Monday ...
Today I decided I needed to make a Blog for my sweet Tashi.

When I made her Residency at Rainbow Bridge, I was putting down each day's thoughts and what was happening much like a journal would be. But then I figured what was on her Residency would eventually be really, really long. That's when the idea of a blog came to mind last night as I was trying to sleep.

I can make "entries" and talk to her as the days go by.

First of all is an entry about her ... how she came to us, how she left us, my emories of her and if her Dad decides to add some to my list, I will include them. But I don't think that will be for a while though as he still can't bring himself to look at her picture.



About Tasha
Tasha, your first Dad brought you to me as an anniversary present in October 1994, and you were just 6 mos. old. You were the "Queen" and not cuddly at all. Guess you were deciding if we were worthy enough to give your love to. And then your Dad left us in Nov. 1997.


When Roger came into our lives in 2000 it took you awhile to "accept" him as your new Dad and he still remembers that day when you came up to him on the bed and laid down beside him. He spoiled you rotten and you became his cat. I had you on a schedule for feeding and then when he would go into the kitchen you would meow at him and he would give you some more food. You always knew what a pushover he was! I would always scold him as you were getting a bit overweight (I was worried about diabetes) and he always said "but honey, it's just a little". Well, so much for any type of feeding schedule. LOL

We both love you so much and I am so grateful for the 14 years we had together.


It is fitting that he was there with you as you passed over the bridge. We both miss you terribly - you know how much we love you and we know how much you loved us.


Enjoy Rainbow Bridge, my Tashi! You will live in our hearts forever!

Memories of Tasha

I also need to put down some memories of our time together to give others an idea of what you "were about". That's hard as you didn't "stand out" as some of the furbabies in Rainbow Bridge with you but I'll try:

~~ There was no such thing as having a door closed in the house. I still remember when Alicia lived with us and she would be sitting at the desk with her door closed. You would tap on the doorknob and she would reach over to open the door. Then she closed it again and you would be right there taping to go out. This repeated itself for quite some time. It's like you were saying "how dare you close a door in my house? Don't you know I need to come and go as I please?"

~~ Whatever we were eating had to be offered to you also. Sometimes you ate it and sometimes you didn't but you demanded to be given the choice. If we were having steak, you definately got a good amount of our dinner.

~~ You loved the cream cheese on my bagels. I always made an extra half just for you. You also loved the butter on toast, muffins, etc. You always had some of mine.

~~ Whenever I opened a can with the can opener, you were always there. You thought everything was "for you". No satisfying you until I put the can on the floor for you to check out. You either wanted some or turned up your nose and walked away.

~~ If I had more than one thing on my plate and I knew you would want one out of the 3, I would put the dish with the things I knew you didn't like down for you to try and then when you would walk away, I'd put the item you liked back on the plate and you never bothered me. LOL

~~ Whenever your Dad came in with a new bag, box, computer, etc., you always had to investigate.

~~ Whenever Dad worked on laptops at the desk, you were always at the foot of our bed investigating and "helping" him. If he chose to ignore you, you would tap on him to get his attention.

~~ I remember how Dad used to bury his face in your fur while he sat at the desk and you sat at the end of our bed. I know you were purring.
~~ You were always waiting for us when we would come in from work (I think it was more that you were waiting to be fed than for us but that's ok).

~~ You had several "beds" all around the house. As you got older, It started out with something at the end of the bed so you could jump up easier. Then a towel in the hall outside Sharisse's room as that's where you decided to lay one day. Then one in the front room. Then the bath mat outside the shower became your favorite spot and Dad put down a nice towel over that. Then you were in the shower and of course your Dad had to put towels down there for you. I teased him that we didn't have any towels left and the bathroom became your "apartment". LOL

~~ I remember you chasing the stray cat out of the yard.

~~ I remember you exploring your yard and going over to the farthest corner from the house and just sitting there and when I would come out to bring you in, you waited til I had walked all the way over to you and just before I got to you, you would come running in the house. LOL

No comments: